Friday, December 19, 2008

My haitus

Wow, I can't believe that it's been more than two months since I've written here. So much has happened since then -- not the least of which is cutting another 10 minutes off my half marathon time.

I'm still chugging along, but now it seems I'm chugging with a little more ease, a little more speed and a little more confidence.

I've even decided to have another go at the Hampton Half Marathon in February. Yes, that's the one that I swore I would never do again after running 13.1 miles in the cold and wet snow last year.

I'm still hoping for good weather for that one on Feb. 15. Will make for a much more enjoyable race.

Speaking of weather, Mother Nature is throwing another good one at us as I write this... and Coach Jack's even decided to cancel practice, something he rarely does. ("Can't pick the weather on race day," he reminds us.)

But when the conditions become too dangerous for us to run on the roads, Coach Jack makes the call to cancel.

Tomorrow was to be the 10-miler for the new Disney team. I was looking forward to running it with Sarah and celebrating her accomplishment.

We'll still do it. New England weather is just delaying that celebration until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can post a comment here by selecting any of the options below. If you do not have a gmail account, choose "Other User" or "Anonymous." All fields are optional.