Friday, May 22, 2009

Runner's Tool Kit

There were a lot of things no one told me about when I started running. For example, no one told me that I'd stockpile a bunch of items that I'd use to fend off or deal with the not-so-pleasant effects of running long distances.

Last weekend, as I packed up my bag for the team's long run, I took note of a few items: Body Glide, Band-Aids, GU, The Stick.

Non-runners probably don't even know what those items are or at least what they'd be used for in a running context. My runner-friends are probably smiling -- maybe cringing a bit if they can relate.

I guess it's all part of the deal we make with ourselves -- even unknowingly -- when we commit to push our bodies to places we'd never think they'd go.

TO POST A COMMENT, CLICK ON THE "# comments" LINK BELOW

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to add nip-guards, fuel belt / palm holder and moleskin to the mix.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

You can post a comment here by selecting any of the options below. If you do not have a gmail account, choose "Other User" or "Anonymous." All fields are optional.