Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Takes A Lickin' ...

Never give up.

Nope, I'm not talking about suffering through grueling hours of marathon training or pushing yourself to the top of a steep climb on the bike.

I'm talking about my iPod.

Yep, that's right. Just as I had (almost) come to grips with the fact that I'd be buying a new iPod and starting an iTunes library from scratch, I saw a flicker of hope -- literally.

Ever the optimist, I faithfully checked my iPod for signs of life every day since I discovered it soaking in a bag of water almost three weeks ago.

Yesterday, I saw a slight orange light come on. (Incidentially, I don't remember it having an orange light in its former life.)

I gave it a quick listen -- but heard nothing. I decided to give it a full battery charge to see if I could revive it. I plugged it into the computer and saw the list of songs come up.

Hmm, more signs of life. This was looking promising.

Confident I couldn't charge the battery any more than I had, I plugged in the headphones and give it a try.

The sweet sound of Barenaked Ladies crackled through the ear buds. The crackling sounds subsided and I flipped quickly through a couple of songs.

Success!


Instantly, I was amazed at the durability of this tiny device. I didn't even have to follow the tips from those who suggested putting it in a bag of uncooked rice or coffee ground or baking it in the oven.

So never give up, my friends.

Or at the very least, put a little more faith in those geniuses at Apple.


TO POST A COMMENT, CLICK ON THE "# comments" LINK BELOW

1 comment:

  1. You should contact Apple maybe they will us yoyr story to show how durable their products are. Mom

    ReplyDelete

You can post a comment here by selecting any of the options below. If you do not have a gmail account, choose "Other User" or "Anonymous." All fields are optional.