Thursday, July 2, 2009

Tomorrow, Tomorrow...

... the sun will come out tomorrow?

Who knows at this point. We're in the midst of the grayest, rainiest season I can remember. At this point I think I'd settle for a day with bright clouds. It doesn't even have to be sunny or blue skies.

Normally, I don't let the weather affect me too much. But in the third week of straight rain -- maybe more -- I'm beginning to feel the affects of the dreary, damp days.

I can't believe it's officially July -- when we should be spending hot days at the beach, tending to our sunburns and clicking on the A/C.

Last night, the only thing I did was change into my most comfy jeans and sweatshirt and snuggle on the couch with Rebs. My mind was telling me I needed to get to the track or the gym. (I knew I'd feel better and uplifted if I did.) But my body just wouldn't let it happen.

I've been slacking big-time on my running schedule -- and am reminded of it every time I pass by the blank boxes on my training plan taped on my fridge.

But I guess sometimes it's okay to slack. After all, there are an awful lot of boxes I gonna fill on that training chart before I get to marathon day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can post a comment here by selecting any of the options below. If you do not have a gmail account, choose "Other User" or "Anonymous." All fields are optional.