Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Move It Indoors

It's dark in the morning. Really dark.

Even with the recent purchase of a reflective vest and flashing lights, it's still too dark in the morning for me to get a decent run in before I have to get to work.

Plus, my street has no lights, a small shoulder and fast drivers -- despite the 30 mile an hour posted limit. Too dangerous for a morning run.

So this morning, I woke up before daybreak and headed to the gym. I didn't do a run as I had planned, but got a good 45 minutes of cross training in. Another good way to start my day -- and a reminder that I haven't been focusing on cross training as much as I should have been.

We change the clocks back this weekend, which means I'll get some daylight in the morning during the next couple of weeks. Hopefully that will translate into some morning runs.

But I'll lose virtually all evening daylight. Looks like this morning is the first of many indoor workouts.

REMEMBER, I'M DOING THIS FOR A GOOD CAUSE.

Have you donated to my fundraising campaign for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society? If not, please consider doing so. You can donate online at http://www.active.com/donate/tntma/Teresa. Please pass this link to everyone you know. Every dollar helps me get a little closer to the Disney 13.1!

TO POST A COMMENT, CLICK ON THE "# comments" LINK BELOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can post a comment here by selecting any of the options below. If you do not have a gmail account, choose "Other User" or "Anonymous." All fields are optional.