Thursday, November 1, 2007

Don't Hit Me!


Okay, I admit it. I've always been a little afraid of the dark. Maybe a lot afraid.

I usually sleep with a light on somewhere in my house. I jump at every little noise and imaginary movement. I don't check the mail at the end of my driveway after dark. And I've even been known to run from my car at to my front door at night.

Perhaps that's why I've spent so much time lately making sure I'm properly equipped to deal with the months of shorter daylight.

My recent purchases include two clip-on flashing lights (one for me and one for Rebel) and a reflective vest. Things I've thought about buying, but could not justify spending the money quite yet, include a near-glowing jacket, reflective arm bands, flashlights, and an arm band with a super-bright light.

And, I must not keep the fact that I'm scared of the dark a secret because a co-worker dropped off light-up dog collar this morning, saying he doesn't use it for his pitbull anymore. I'm a little concerned that it might be a bit tight on Rebel's neck, but I'm willing to try it.

I figure if I combine all of these things, I might be brave enough to run after dark.

I'm not sure if I'm really that worried about getting hit by a car ... or whether I'm just scared of all of the noises in the woods I'll hear along the way. On the bright side, I bet I'll run faster.

REMEMBER, I'M DOING THIS FOR A GOOD CAUSE.

Have you donated to my fundraising campaign for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society? If not, please consider doing so. You can donate online at http://www.active.com/donate/tntma/Teresa. Please pass this link to everyone you know. Every dollar helps me get a little closer to the Disney 13.1!

TO POST A COMMENT, CLICK ON THE "# comments" LINK BELOW.

1 comment:

  1. So that's why you never wanted to go to bed as a child. I just thought you were afraid you would miss out on something fun while you slept. The things I am learning about you from this blog that have nothing to do with running. I do agree that your road is unsafe to run on after dark. There is no sidewalk or even a shoulder to run on. You may want to occassionally choose to run in a more developed and well lit neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete

You can post a comment here by selecting any of the options below. If you do not have a gmail account, choose "Other User" or "Anonymous." All fields are optional.