Friday, November 23, 2007

Running in a Winter Wonderland

It's just Thanksgiving, but this week Mother Nature gave us a quick jolt of winter with a bit of snow and ice.

The change in weather made me focus a bit more on bundling up, so my running attire now includes tights, a long-sleeved shirt, headband/earwarmer, gloves and a jacket. It's a long way from the days when I first started the program in a tank top and shorts -- and was still too hot.

And, I've learned it's actually possible to be warm and cold at the same time. Although my body is warmed up from running, the outside is still chilly. I feel the cold on my face, ears, hands, legs and feet, despite the fact that I'm working up a sweat.

I've always loved the way my neighborhood looks after a snowfall. The snow sticks to all of the branches that create a sort of canopy on the road.

Despite the chilly temps, I enjoyed the change of scenery. I've now seen the running route through the lush green of summer, the autumn colors and now the start of winter.

It made me glad once again that my slight injury didn't sideline me for long.

I did 7 miles on Sunday, 4 miles on Wednesday and 5 miles on Thursday. I'm on track to get back up to 8 miles this upcoming Sunday -- and looking forward to it.

This Thanksgiving, perhaps I should be thankful that I let myself get so ahead in the training schedule at the beginning of the program. I didn't fall behind with my injury and now am right where I should be.

REMEMBER, I'M DOING THIS FOR A GOOD CAUSE.

Have you donated to my fundraising campaign for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society? If not, please consider doing so. You can donate online at http://www.active.com/donate/tntma/Teresa. Please pass this link to everyone you know. Every dollar helps me get a little closer to the Disney 13.1!

TO POST A COMMENT, CLICK ON THE "# comments" LINK BELOW


No comments:

Post a Comment

You can post a comment here by selecting any of the options below. If you do not have a gmail account, choose "Other User" or "Anonymous." All fields are optional.