Thursday, October 1, 2009

Disappearing Act

You may recall that when I decided to sign up for the Manchester Marathon several months ago, I was suddenly faced with all sorts of reminders.

In particular, two stand out: 1) The spray-
painted 26-mile marker that I stumbled upon after leaving The Palace Theatre on Hanover Street one day. 2) A short side street -- Marathon Way -- that I added to one of my regular running routes.

About a month ago, I noticed they repaved Hanover Street, covering up the 26 marker. Last night on my way home from work, I noticed that the Marathon Way sign is mysteriously missing. Perhaps someone wanted a souvenir.

I'm sure both will be replaced soon enough. Always one to document life's little moments and perhaps always having a bit of reporter left in me, I had the foresight to snap a quick photo of both of these landmarks before they disappeared.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You can post a comment here by selecting any of the options below. If you do not have a gmail account, choose "Other User" or "Anonymous." All fields are optional.