Sunday, September 16, 2007

Putting the "Team" in TnT

My friend and teammate Jamie was missing from this morning's run -- or at least that's what I thought until I received a text message from her after running The Loop.

Here is our conversation, via text (abbreviations and text shortcuts included), that I think shows the "team" part of the Team In Training program:

9:05 a.m. - (Jamie) - Did the whole six w/o a walk break!! T/y so much for pushing me on wednesdays!
9:45 a.m. - (Me) - Awesome! Just finished the 6miles . . . did u go early 2day?
9:46 a.m. - (Jamie) - Yes i left a note on my car so you guys would know i needed to mk sure done by 930
9:49 a.m. - (Me) - Oh! I didnt even see it. Im sure jack did. Im so proud of you for doing the whole 6mi! The loop is nice isnt it?
10:09 a.. - (Jamie) - It is nice. Loved it!
10:10a.m. - (Me) - Me too! Cant wait til next wk! Sorry I cant do wednesday.


Jamie and I seemed to hit it off right from the start. She and her 3-year-old daughter sat in front of me at the informational meeting the night we signed up for the program. Since then, she has always been there for a quick word of encouragement. Recently, we've been meeting on Wednesday evenings to run a 3-mile loop in Dover.

We talk about our running progress, fundraising efforts, our jobs, our personal lives, whatever is on our minds. During the week, we check in with each other by email. In short, we've become friends.

Last week, she sent me an email saying she's glad that we both joined the Team In Training program at the same time. I'm glad, too.

REMEMBER, I'M DOING THIS FOR A GOOD CAUSE.
Have you donated to my fundraising campaign for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society? If not, please consider doing so. You can donate online at http://www.active.com/donate/tntma/Teresa. Please pass this link to everyone you know. Every dollar helps me get a little closer to the Disney 13.1!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can post a comment here by selecting any of the options below. If you do not have a gmail account, choose "Other User" or "Anonymous." All fields are optional.