Thursday, January 3, 2008

By The Numbers

A few weeks ago, I received my official race packet in the mail for the Disney Marathon Weekend. It was packed with information on transportation, registration, purchasing commemorative items and many race details.

Tucked inside was a simple piece of cardboard. The instructions said I am to bring it to the check-in table the day before the race.

In small type was my name, age and official race number: 30315

Here are a few other numbers of interest:

  • Number of miles run to date: 180
  • Total donations raised to date: $2,836
  • Cost of the new pair of running shoes I bought last week: $64
  • Number of TnT runners traveling together next week: 175
  • Total the team has raised since August: $264,211
  • Number of days until the Disney Half Marathon: 9
  • Number of hours it will take to complete the run: 2 1/2
  • Number of miles in the Half Marathon: 13.1
  • High temp on race day (according to 10-day forecast): 77

REMEMBER, I'M DOING THIS FOR A GOOD CAUSE.
Have you donated to my fundraising campaign for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society? If not, please consider doing so. You can donate online at http://www.active.com/donate/tntma/Teresa. Please pass this link to everyone you know. Every dollar helps me get a little closer to the Disney 13.1!

TO POST A COMMENT, CLICK ON THE "# comments" LINK BELOW


1 comment:

You can post a comment here by selecting any of the options below. If you do not have a gmail account, choose "Other User" or "Anonymous." All fields are optional.