Monday, January 21, 2008

Worth A Thousand Words

The Disney Half Marathon is behind me. Yep, 13.1 miles done.

It was an awesome experience, one that's difficult to fully explain. As our coach and mentor told us when we returned from Florida, you really can't describe what it's like until you've been there. As always, they were right.

The run was great and my excellent training paid off. But it was about more than just the running. Sure, I ran 13.1 miles -- definitely farther than I ever imagined. But I also met some great friends along the way, developed a passion for running and supported a great cause in the process. We helped save lives.

I posted a few more photos below that I hope will share just a fraction of what the weekend was like. More stories and photos will be posted soon, I promise. Be sure to check back.

For now, please accept my many thanks for your support of this project. With your help, I raised more than $3,700 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Our nationwide team, made up of 1,800 runners, raised $5.3 million!

Yes, $5.3 million. Incredible.

I truly encourage everyone to try something like this. Trust me, you can do it and it will change your life.




No comments:

Post a Comment

You can post a comment here by selecting any of the options below. If you do not have a gmail account, choose "Other User" or "Anonymous." All fields are optional.