Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Next Generation

I guess I'm not officially part of the TnT program anymore, meaning I'm not training for a specific event or fundraising for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

But I'm still very much a part of the Tnt program. Or at least I hope to be.

Last night I went to the Informational Night for the next team. There was a small group of runners (perhaps only two right now---anyone interested?) and several people there to sign up for a triathlon. (See, running a half marathon seems pretty sane when compared to some of the other events.)

At one point, a girl in the back row raised her hand and expressed doubts about whether she could actually run a half or full marathon in a few short months. We knew how she felt. Just a few months ago, we were in her shoes, wondering if we could actually complete this challenge.

Dave, Jack, Erin, Kara and I all chimed in. Yes, you can. And we really mean it.

We were there because we truly believe in the program, the training and the people. We know it can change your life. That girl in the back row will find out soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can post a comment here by selecting any of the options below. If you do not have a gmail account, choose "Other User" or "Anonymous." All fields are optional.