Monday, December 21, 2009

Week 6: Christmas Cookie Culprits

  • Weight: 141.5 lbs
  • Week Gain/Loss: +.5 lbs
  • Total Gain/Loss: -3.0 lbs
  • Activities: 16m run, 16m bike
  • Notes: I wasn't expecting any great loss this week - in fact, quite satisfied about being up only a half-pound. I guess I feel like I just wasn't as focused. With a more-than-busy week at work, tables of Christmas cookies around the building and some holiday drinks with friends last week, I'm glad it was only a half pound. (I confess to having a cookie-only lunch last week during a particularly busy day - when I was also conveniently hosting a building-wide cookie party.) Still feeling good about where I am and about where I'm going.
  • I'd like to share some words I received from a reader of this blog:
    We as a society focus a lot on "numbers" as a metric about personal and professional success. I personally do not believe in that unwritten philosophy because I think it truly hinders success. It's more important and empowering to create and make changes to feel better, stronger and happier.
Couldn't agree more... even though I'll continue my weekly weigh-ins, goals and tracking chart.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You can post a comment here by selecting any of the options below. If you do not have a gmail account, choose "Other User" or "Anonymous." All fields are optional.